With zucchini diet you can lose 4-6 pounds for a week, but also cleanse the body from harmful substances. If you stick to the menu for a month, you can lose 8-12 pounds.Zucchini are extremely useful for many diseases – gastrointestinal tract (including the gallbladder), anemia, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, and obesity.
Due to the high content of dietary fiber decreases re-absorption of fat; therefore are suitable for a diet against high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Potassium and magnesium impact on blood pressure. In addition to cleaning the organism of harmful substances, you’ll refresh your body.
GUIDELINES FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ZUCCHINI DIET
In addition to zucchini you can include in diet raw carrots and cabbage. In the afternoon you can afford a few cucumbers. To improve the taste of vegetables – in a salad, add a teaspoon of vegetable oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
* The zucchini diet menu includes the fruits, also. At lunchtime, dinner and snacks refill your meal with an apple, kiwi, tangerine, orange or a few plums.
* In order to be more balanced, diet must contain proteins; which implies the presence of veal, lean beef, turkey, chicken and rabbit in the menu.
* You can replace meat with fish. But in this case, it’s preferred freshwater fish, because the sea fish is not suitable for this diet.
* For drinking you can use water (the more the better), green tea without sugar, natural juices (apple, orange, lemon).
* During zucchini diet, you should exclude from the menu: bakery products, bread, sweets, coffee, and alcohol.
* Preference should be given to zucchini with dark green skins, which you shouldn’t peel, since that way is losing 80% of nutrients.
EXAMPLE MENU FOR ONE DAY OF ZUCCHINI DIET
Breakfast: stewed zucchini (8 oz. = 250 g) with vegetables (5 oz. = 150 g), a cup of green tea.
Snack: 1 apple, a cup of orange juice or water.
Lunch: grilled zucchini (10 oz. = 300 g), a piece of boiled meat (7 oz. = 200 g), 1 kiwi fruit or a few plums, and a cup of green tea.
Snack: grilled zucchini (8 oz. = 250 g), salad of cabbage and carrots (8 oz. = 250 g), a cup of apple juice.
Dinner: prunes (3 oz. = 100 g) or fresh plums (2-3), a cup of apple juice or green tea.