Are you the flu shot down? Is you sick and are you tired of those annoying allergies ? Learn how to take advantage of the amazing benefits of onions to treat your cough, allergy and flu . Seasonal changes can cause weakening of the immune system and increase the risk of flu or other respiratory diseases, particularly during cold weather. Although these are common illnesses and diseases that are easy to treat, they almost always cause the variety of symptoms that keep you from doing everyday things.
While there are many products and treatments that can speed up your recovery, you may have to resort to some home remedies to control the symptoms .
Fortunately, these are simple remedies to make and usually contain ingredients which are available in any season.
Today we want to share an interesting treatment that can be made with red onion . Believe it or not, this vegetable strong flavor can actually help you get rid of cough, allergy and all kinds of respiratory distress .
The miraculous benefits of onions
Red Onion is a very well known vegetables that has been used for centuries. Admired for its nutrients, these foods can be found in hundreds of culinary and medicinal recipes .
Onion has a high concentration of sulfur , which – in addition to its unique taste – also provides its antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that are helpful when it comes to the treatment of many diseases .
Onions also contain high amounts of vitamins A and C , which are important for boosting your immune system and help fight pathogens that negatively affect your health.
On the other hand, it improves the health of the skin , reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease , and promotes optimal functioning of your body’s secretion system.
I still need to add the onion has an interesting diuretic effect that reduces fluid retention , which can cause inflammation of the tissue.
Onion is also interesting for the treatment of respiratory infections due to the effect of cough and anti-inflammatory effect that reduces throat irritation, coughing and congestion .
Due to the high nutrient, helps reduce the appearance of viruses and bacteria which are related to influenza, angina and asthma .
Finally, onions contain antihistaminic compound that blocks substances that trigger allergic reactions .
How to make a natural remedy of onions?
This method of preparing the port is an antibiotic treatment that can be used to relieve common respiratory diseases .
This will reduce the symptoms that make you feel sick, while at the same time fight the organisms that cause disease.
Since feed healthy bacteria in your gut, taking this drug can improve the immune system and create a protective barrier against future attacks.
- 3 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g, optional)
- Peel the onions and cut them into several pieces.
- Add them to a blender along with the juice of one lemon and two cloves of garlic.
- Once you obtain a thick paste, press it through a cloth to strain the juice.
- If you notice that the consistency is too thick, add a couple of tablespoons of water and blend again.
- After you make this treatment, store it in a glass jar for 24 hours.
- You can sweeten it with the optional tablespoon of honey when you take it.
Mode of consumption
- At the first sign of respiratory illness, take a tablespoon of this treatment every four hours.
- Once you notice your symptoms are improving, take two tablespoons a day.
- As a preventative measure, you can consume a tablespoon on an empty stomach.
Other benefits of this natural cure of onions
Although the main purpose of this natural medicine, treatment of problems associated with respiratory disease , its features make a big boost to your overall health.
However, this therapy can help you:
- Protect your cardiovascular and circulatory system
- Avoid urinary tract infections
- Prevent intestinal and digestive disorders
- In the fight against infections of the skin, with the fungus and warts
- Treat burns and superficial wounds
- Reduce menstrual cramps
- Remove stains on the skin
- Simple earache
It is important to understand that the effects of this treatment are different from person to person, depending on the disease and the immune system .
It can be used as an alternative treatment or as a supplement to drugs intended to control these symptoms.
Do not take more than the recommended amount because it can have negative side effects .